Maxor National Pharmacy Services is seeking a highly skilled, very knowledgeable Certified Pharmacy Technician for our Pharmacy Support Specialist position. This position will help support our contracted pharmacies in the mid Atlantic states.
This position will be responsible for meeting all pharmacy operational support needs of the pharmacies within the region, including managing training projects and documentation development for assigned applications, monitoring help desk needs, equipment needs, and general operations support. The Pharmacy Support Specialist will play a significant role in monitoring compliance with accreditation quality metrics and (re)-training employees, to develop competence in the use of computer software and systems utilized by both clinical and non-clinical employees, when accreditation standards are not met. Specialty Pharmacy accreditation and re-accreditation along with PBM auditing experience is extremely valuable.
This position is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with not only the pharmacy staff, but the clinical, management, or hospital staff as an “Ambassador” of Maxor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (These duties must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position):
1. Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to assure compliance with service expectations and achievement of performance goals and objectives.
2. Prepare reports and maintain records/maintain records as requested or required.
3. Develop, implement, and deliver training programs for all levels of pharmacy personnel.
4. Coordinate training schedule with members of management.
5. Develop and maintain continual education support materials to assist the pharmacy staff in learning the specialized pharmacy systems. These materials will be used for reference once training has been completed.
6. Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and/or business technologies.
7. Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
8. Frequently report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
9. Participates in the maintenance of corporate compliance and legal board of pharmacy inspection parameters.
10. Responsible for monitoring compliance with accreditation quality metrics and creating action plans to address non-compliance.
12. Monitor methods used by employees for Guardian Rx and/or POS and make on the spot corrections when needed.
13. Assist employees with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to the pharmacy systems.
14. Assists in the implementation of quality markers in order to improve pharmacy audit and quality performance.
15. Works on pharmacy accreditation process for the pharmacy system and participates in all relevant discussions and meetings.
16. Analyze processes required for business functions and make suggestions on improving work procedures in the pharmacies to improve efficiency of workflow.
17. Develop strong relationships with pharmacy staff to develop course materials and receive feedback.
18. Test and implement all new services packs for the pharmacy system and revise educational support materials as necessary.
19. Communicate and train users on new features of the pharmacy system.
20. Participate in staff meetings and other aspects of the practice of pharmacy as required.
21. Serve as the contact for the Carepoint System and CPR+ fielding problematic calls from pharmacies.
22. Maintain regular attendance in accordance with established policies and procedures.
23. Maintain good inter/intra departmental relationships. Works to create an amiable atmosphere within the department and company.
24. Respond to change, performance improvement support, professional growth, and meet development goals.
25. Promote positive customer service when dealing with clients, patients, and other employees.
26. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
27. Manage and prioritize the incoming audit notifications from auditing entities
28. Manage the retrieval of documents, certify for accuracy and compliance, and submit documentation for desktop audits in a timely manner
29. Communicate the summarization of audit results for onsite and desktop audits to site managers and corporate directors
30. Identify repeat audit issues from desktop and on site audit results. Manage audit department filing system
31. Track and follow-up on outstanding audits as well as address questions/issues from the third party auditors, as needed
32. Take prompt action to review, diagnose and understand new audit requests
33. Perform timely resolution to requests received from internal departments, customers, audit entities, or regulatory agencies
34. Closely monitor current processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to maximize efficiency
35. Manage multiple audits simultaneously while delivering within required varying deadlines.
36. Promptly report any allegations of impropriety to the Compliance Department.
37. Comply with Maxor’s Ethical Business Conduct policy and Maxor’s Compliance Program.
38. Remain free from exclusion under the OIG and SAMS Medicare/Medicaid lists.
39. Complete required training, as assigned, within the established timeframes.
40. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
41. Perform other job-related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For immediate consideration, please apply on line at https://www.maxor.com/about/careers
Maxor is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disability