Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Pharmacy. PharmD preferred. Unencumbered Pharmacist license to practice in the State of Employment. Pharmacotherapy Specialty Board Certification, preferred.
Experience: Prior medication safety experience in various pharmacy practice settings (i.e. retail, hospital, clinic) or certification in patient/medication safety or residency in medication safety
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and laws pertaining to the preparation, storage, procurement, use, administration, monitoring, and disposal of medications in the practice of Pharmacy in Texas.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with The Joint Commission (TJC), Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS), American society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) medication standards.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading committees and groups in a complex organization.
- Proven ability in comprehension and interpretation of technical and scientific literature.
- Skill in writing articles, which are suitable for publication in professional journals and departmental newsletters.
- Ability to speak on a one-on-one basis using appropriate professional vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to speak in front of audiences to provide educational material and present research findings in a cogent, concise, and effective manner.
- Skill in making appropriate job-related decisions following standard departmental and hospital policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and other professional staff of JPS Health Network and Maxor
- Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures governing use and administration of medications of the JPS Health Network, Maxor and of the Department of Pharmacy Services.
- Demonstrated skill in writing routine correspondence, memoranda, procedures, and reports in a grammatically correct manner, easily understood by all employees.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and applicable state and federal regulations.
Why Should You Choose Maxor?
Maxor offers a culture that promotes teamwork and where employees are valued as the Company’s best asset. We work hard, but we make sure to have fun along the way, too. Competitive salary, plus a great benefits package are available including:
- $750 individual, annual medical deductible
- $25 office visit copays;
- Low biweekly premiums;
- Company paid basic life/AD&D and Long-term disability insurance;
- Rx, dental, vision, short-term disability, and FSA
- Employer-matched 401k Plan;
- And more!
For immediate consideration, please apply on line at www.maxor.com/about/careers
Maxor is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disability